Myrkvedr : Cerdic song translated to English

Words : Official English translations
Song : Cerdic
Release : Sons Of Muspell
Thanks to the band for the sharing.


Cerdic


I slept beside rotting corpse
my family was killed when I was a child
My sister and mother taken over and over again
until they breathed no more

I lived on my father's meat
until only his pale bones were left .
I writhed in pain and cut up
my own throat to quench my bleak life

Everywhere lay women and men dead
the children were nailed to trees.
Our country was ravaged and burned
and the king hung impaled on a spear

A dawn now looms for the aesir .
We shall defeat a false hoard.

Do you hear the wind
Your deadline is past
You hear death's breath
I bring death and rotten rest

A dawn now looms for the aesir .
We shall defeat a false hoard.

Do you hear the wind
The wolf shall feast on your flesh tonight
Do you see death's smile
Cerdic , kings terrifying slayer

Here my lord, is the answer you sought
a hostile spy gave the answer .
I did stick out his eyes
and cut off his fingers

However, he still refused to tell me
so I covered his head in oil
and set fire to his hair
during his last cry I heard this answer

Your lives will not be spared.
From his castle at High Cliff
Mighty King Harald cannot be defeated,
Nor can your weapons hurt him there,
You shall burn in hells wide embrace
you unbelieving pigs.

A dawn now looms for the aesir...

Not a castle on the cliff large
can withstand the wrath of Thor.
Cerdic let his arm march toward dark castle
to bring new widows to mourning

With hundreds of wide slings we filled
his castle with straw and at dusk
we shot a burst of fiery darts to light it.

A dawn , now looms for the aesir...

Comments