Myrkvedr : Urdarbrunnr song translated to English

Words : Official English translations
Song : Urdarbrunnr
Release : Sons Of Muspell
Thanks to the band for the sharing.


Urdarbrunnr


Grass colored bronze, a sky made of earth
Roots in the sky, cold rivers from the north 
From the forest I come to a grim solitary plain,
but the silence is broken when people suddenly appear.
A large crowd of people out of distinct lineage
talk about Midgard , Fenris & aesirs large halls .
When one utters:
Tell me Oden, will we wounded Vidfarne help in his need?

Urdarbrunnr
the well by Yggdrasils foot
the location of the aesirs ting
There lives the Norns with our destiny
keeping the tree alive

Where have I ended up among the aesir around a well,
A meeting they have called where they discuss all under the sun.
Here they are gathered around a tree as big as Surt
In the distance three women come wandering.
The man in the hood with ravens on his shoulder
goes to meet them, and says:
Verdandi , Urd and Skuld
Now settle aesirs dispute about Vidfarnes life

The Norns says Hel to I have come
By the hand of the enemy I died after many a blow received.
From valkyries I ran to my beloved reach.
Therefore I have come to Mimirs green land
to find what I long for , before time turns into sand
but the Norns says:
return Vidfarne to Midgard , his destiny is greater than this

Comments