One update from SIG:AR:TYR


SIG:AR:TYR shared the following statement :


It's hard to believe that it has been almost a year since the release of Northen. I did not want to repeat the large time gap that happened between Godsaga and Northen, so I've been working on a number of ideas, sounds, and riffs, and have almost an album's worth of material ready to be hammered into final songs and recorded. 
As I might have mentioned before, I've grown quite tired of the whole Viking thing. Let's face it, the theme has been well worn to death, and Northen was meant to be my last foray on the subject. I'd like to get back to more general dark pagan themes, something more like the songs on Beyond the North Winds and Godsaga. 
And this might come as a surprise, but I’m also quite tired of the band name SIG:AR:TYR. At the time I made it up while making my original acoustic demos, it seemed mysterious and clever, not realizing that the roots would dig in and grow into a demo EP and four full length albums over 13 years. But nowadays the name just seems unwieldy to me and too tied up in Norse paganism to reflect what I want to do next and shift to a slightly different paradigm.
So I've been thinking on a new name, not as a replacement of SIG:AR:TYR, but to reflect its evolution. It's possible I may change my mind and the name stays, but I feel a personal reboot is needed with a new start, even though what I'm working on now isn't too far removed from what I've already done.I’ll have more news soon when the songs coalesce and take enough shape that I’m able to get some sense of where it will all end up. Expect more pagan metal… I’m not changing course, but maybe it’s time for a new ship…

Comments