New groups and other improvements

I apologize for silence for a month. I was tired and then had to work on my other website that you can see now if you click on my name... but its a French site about serious games... Very different from here 😏

In the meantime, I thought to Sword Chant, its community and the sharing of the news.

The world is changing It started with social network and high-tech keeps changing our behaviours. I tried to bring you a new tool and some new activites with Discord but it didn’t work. Instead, I created new groups.

NEW GROUPS

Thinking to the news to share, and our community. I extended our Facebook page to two groups : one for bands & PR, and the other one for our nice community.


Meanwhile Bands/PR can ever send their news by email, now they can also join this new tool that aims to one easier sharing of their news to be available on the website then : SCgroupforBands 

Our nice Facebook community can join and discuss music in this group : SCgroupforFans 

LYRICS TRANSLATIONS

I thought to the lyrics translations by our community but in the end, I’d need you tell me if you need one tool for your work on the translations if you want to do it as group of people working on and then, what tool would be useful for you ? Email me your request.

RELEASES

From now, a new method will be. I won't remind infos of new release on this site on d-day - unless there are news related of course. It means that you'll have to look at the releases listing as I'll link infos before release date over there. But don't worry, I'll keep the reminder on social networks. 😉 And double articles no more.

LISTING OF BANDS

From now, all bands told on this website and without biography feat in the table of the bands page from the menu, together with the bands with bio.

For each band with news or content like lyrics, I added one column to the table showing all publications. Now, you can see easier if there are news or not for whatever band.spoken on Sword Chant.

You’ll get also one better view for bands still supported or with ended support on this website, thanks to the addition of the Status column to the table. You can see way faster active bands and the not active ones. I am currently working on and you can see progress of my work there.

Then, all bands tagged into the footer are removed, and I kept the main tags

I changed and added other new elements on this website.

CHANGES LOG

  • Removed : Discord server
  • Added : an easy way to report a bug.
  • Added : link on author name
  • Added : News and content to the Bands listing
  • Added : Status to the Bands listing
  • Added : bands without bandpage (bio) to the Bands listing
  • Removed : labels for bands in the footer
  • Instead, tags there focus on the main ones and with the number of articles.
  • Keywords are removed from bands pages without news or content
  • Added ; the Submit News group on the Facebook page, dedicated to Bands
  • Added ; the Community of Sword Chant. Group on the Facebook page
  • Changed : menu order of the Facebook page
  • Changed : Lyrics page
  • Changed : About page
  • Fixed : Calendar issue

MORE TO COME

Currently, I am working on the Bands listing as I previously said.

And I plan some more changes for Pages of the website. I’ll try to update you with bands news soon in the meantime.


I’ll end this article with the following : I am looking for moderators for the community group of Sword Chant. Apply by email. 

I hope that you’ll enjoy all these improvements for the site and community.

Have a nice week-end, folks ! 😀

Comments