Happy New Year 2014!!

So many things happened while 2013 in Sword Chant! We have laugh together, we have helped, we have supported and we will return with all this in 2014! Also, Sword Chant evolved fine again:

August 25, I founded this new website which has reached the 13,370 page views and that number will expand again next this entry. I inserted into the menu one link to the “Musicians search” forum for one better help to musicians searching for band or new band members. One page to help bands and labels with their crowd funding has been created here for one stronger support.

Contacts for booking, info and merch were added to bands threads and I designed better the links there to lyrics, gigs, interviews, reviews… The members of the forum can translate songs to their mother tongue since 2013. Longtime reserved to the forum’s community, I have opened our “Musicians” forum to everyone now. In the future will be linked threads about instruments to our Folk elements pages. Members registered in our forum are free to open a topic on one instrument of their choice at any time then. 

Both reviews and interviews parts expanded to Pagan/Folk Music even Folk Metal appears always stronger at Sword Chant. :) And threads for “Folk albums to come in 2013” and for 2014 have been made so is the folk discussion’s part. The Medieval festivals page appears different for this year. Indeed, I have combined the medieval festivals worldwide with new elements added: the folk bands concerts. 

Sadly and due to bugs happened this December next one update of my admin tools, but also due to the return of the previous URL for the forum, links to Sword Chant threads in this page and all the other html pages are broken. I have to wait they fix the bugs for I fix the links there. Bugs may disappear soon.

Consequences of the URL change are broken links for them all starting by “sword-chant.com” inside the forum, this website, html pages but today left 246 topics in the forum to check out made of 1,670 posts in all for a total of 17,346 posts. : ) Those left are related with the other music and discussion about but also the lyrics forum. I have fixed all the other spaces.

Well, our forum changed shape in 2013. I removed the portal and a new design under construction is with the help of the talented designers Wappenschmied for the buttons, and Kris Verwimp for his agreement for the picture in the header initially made for Fejd that I thank again.

Sword Chant TV has also seen the daylight. You can see in this youtube page full concert of bands, official videos, albums preview... This page aims to promote bands and uploads may be possible too. Once again, for one better support to genres we defend, I am in discussion with some labels. Some announcements may come later then. : )

Either part of the +120 bands members registered in our forum or not, I will not forget the kind words from bands during the six year anniversary of Sword Chant, so is in my mailbox, facebook, twitter or google+ in the year. Also, I would like to thank all of you in the Community and you who’s reading and following Sword Chant. It means a lot!

January 1, 2014 means the New Year but also one more evolution for Sword Chant and one evolution for my project named “ELD” that I already discussed here before. ELD aims to help and support Folk Metal (bands, labels…) and now becomes integrated into Sword Chant. It means ELD news will be published here too. I have designed the ELD website again and made one page for ELD in Sword Chant that you can see here.

My best wishes to all of you and a happy New Year!

Comments