CRUACHAN released The Reaper single

'The Reaper’, the third single from Irish folk-metal pioneers CRUACHAN upcoming ninth album ‘The Living and the Dead’, is a wonderful blend of the band’s hardest metal riffs and hauntingly beautiful folk and traditional instruments. Featuring Sinead Richards, she's only 14 year old and daughter of our producer.


'The song 'The Reaper' is about my dad. For a long time my dad was not well, he would be in and out of hospital and doctors visits but was never so bad that he would be kept in hospital for long periods of time. He mostly ignored the advice of the doctors. He didn't take great care of himself, he wouldn't eat proper food. There are details I can't really go into but needless to say it frustrated me so much to see a man ignore the advice that was given to him. He was a well liked man in the community but in his declining years he became very insular, didn't want to do anything, didn't want to see people, to see family. We tried everything to snap him out of this but in the end, he was his own man and that was that. My dad died on the 5th May 2020. I wrote this song two years before he died, I don't think I could write this song today. There was a point when Audrey was layering the strings section for this song, I was listening with Joe and our producer Mick and it literally brought me to tears. // Keith Fay

The track is available on the streaming platform of your choice.

Comments